First Time Dispensary Patients
*Restrictions apply / For a limited time only
Visiting our dispensary for the first time? Your initial trip to a medical marijuana dispensary can be nerve-wracking, but it doesn’t have to be. To dispel some of the anxiety of first-time patients, we’ve put together this guide for what to expect at a dispensary and what to do to prepare for your visit.
How to Get a Patient Card
In Oklahoma City, you need a patient card in order to buy medical marijuana. This card verifies that a physician has diagnosed you with one of many state-recognized conditions and has recommended medical marijuana to treat it.
If you don’t know how to get a medical card in OKC, have had problems getting your primary care physician to approve medical marijuana, or just don’t feel comfortable discussing the subject with them, we offer patient drives with an Oklahoma Board Certified Doctor at our location. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @405KUSHCOUSINS for the next drive.
At that time be sure to be ready with all medical records pertaining to your condition in order to facilitate the process of getting your medical card.
What to Bring to a Dispensary
Relieve your anxiety about your first visit to a dispensary by making sure you’re fully prepared. There are a few things you should make sure to bring:
- Your patient card
- State-issued ID card
- Cash, Debit or Credit Card
What to Expect at a Dispensary
Visiting a dispensary is more like going to a doctor’s office or pharmacy than going on a shopping spree. Therefore, on your first visit you should come expecting:
- A short wait: We give each patient our undivided attention while reviewing their needs, educating them on their options and helping them choose the best treatment plan for them, so you may have to wait your turn.
- Paperwork: To ensure we provide you with the treatment options best for you, we will need you to fill out some first-time patient paperwork.
- An explanation of the menu, our specials and other information about Kush Cousins: When one of our knowledgeable staff meets with you, we’ll take the time to explain your options and the benefits of each. We also have a number of sales, deals, specials and events always going on, such as our new patient deals. Right now, new patients get 10% off there first purchase.
- A chance to ask questions: Of course you have questions. Ask away! Helping patients is our passion, and we love to share our knowledge with you.
- Customized treatment options: By reviewing your case and discussing your options with you, we will help you to come up with a treatment plan, which can be changed as needed as you become comfortable with medical marijuana.
Come visit Kush Cousins today and we’ll make your first visit as easy and stress-free as we can!